Abel Design Group is seeking an Architectural Intern to join its Houston office. The ideal candidate will excel in innovative design solutions, be committed to design excellence, and exercise independent judgement in evaluation, selection, and use of techniques. The candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
This position will focus on Architecture.
• Work under Project Architect to produce excellent set of construction documents
• Ensure technical resolution and coordination of design intent
• Confirm that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance and best practices standards
• Provide technical support and project communication
• Work with consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies to meet project objectives
• Conduct code analyses
• Conduct on-site observations and prepare Architect’s field reports, as needed
• Review submittals during construction, and maintain RFI and submittal logs
• Coordinate multiple projects concurrently
• Support project team with various administrative duties and project correspondence
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
• Proficiency in Revit required
• Additional software used in the position may include AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, and 3-D Studio MAX
• Experience in construction document preparation
• Knowledge of building materials, specifications, construction, and building codes, including ADA
• Sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to coordinate their work
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Flexibility to focus on multiple projects at the same time
Founded in Houston, Texas in 2001, Abel Design Group is a premier mid-size architecture and design firm with projects across the globe. In addition to its headquarters in Houston, the firm also has offices in Austin and Denver.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com