Abel Design Group is seeking a Designer to join its Houston and Austin offices. The ideal candidate will excel in innovative design solutions and be committed to design excellence. The candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
This position will focus on Corporate Interiors.
• Work under the guidance of Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
• May attend client planning meetings to take meeting notes
• Perform field verification of existing conditions
• Prepare design drawings, from schematic design through construction documents, with minor supervision
• Implement technical resolution and coordination of design intent
• Communicate with consultants, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project documents
• Assist in material selection and product specification
• Support project team with various administrative duties and project correspondence
• Contribute to office initiatives and learning programs
• 2-10 years of relevant architecture or design experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
• Licensure in Architecture or Interior Design preferred
• Proficiency in Revit required
• Additional software used in the position may include AutoCAD, Adobe In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, and 3-D Studio MAX
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and relationship management skills
• Flexibility to focus on multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to work independently, efficiently, and within budget in a fast paced environment
Founded in Houston, Texas in 2001, Abel Design Group is a premier mid-size architecture and design firm with projects across the globe. In addition to its headquarters in Houston, the firm also has offices in Austin and Denver.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org