The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for producing marketing material to showcase Johnston’s staff and expertise. This role establishes and manages timelines and assignments, as needed, to effectively complete submittals and proposals. Organizes, coordinates, and controls activities involved in the preparation of marketing qualifications, proposals, submittals, and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or technical related field.
- Marketing experience in architecture, engineering, or construction industry.
- Exceptional writing, editing, graphics, and organizational skills required.
SKILLS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal communication.
- Strong editing and proofreading abilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and within an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, responding to constantly changing needs and schedules.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Fluency with CRM Software (Cosential and Deltek Vision a plus).
- Ability to establish and manage timelines and assignments. Organizes, coordinates, and controls activities involved in the preparation of marketing qualifications, proposals, submittals, and presentations.
- Ability to attend pre-proposal conferences, professional meetings, or other marketing related events, as appropriate.
- Ability to prepare responses to forms, client questionnaires, and qualifying statements, as required. Work often involves composing or editing answers to technical questions.
- Will assist in updating and producing submittals for company registrations and listings.
- Creates or directs the initial mock-up of proposals and writes portions of the proposals as appropriate.
- Coordinates information needed from consultant firms to be included in proposals or at presentations.
- Writes and/or updates new project and personnel resumes to be used for marketing purposes.
- Oversees the maintenance of the marketing files. Maintains information for responses, project data, and office personnel data assuring that information is current, accurate, and appropriate.
- Provides input and collaboration with the management team to help establish priorities and protocols for responding to RFPs and other marketing related inquires.
- Assists in CRM data entry, data management, and reporting for proposals.
- Run and distribute reports.
- Supervises active upkeep and use of contact databases - holiday card lists, consultant list, etc.
- Requires the creation of effective publicity and marketing materials, articles and white papers, social media posts, executive messages, internal communication programs, award submittals and presentations
- Primary coordinator of awards submittals—tracks schedules and processes and assists with in- house submittal efforts.
- Assists in delivering the firm's messages to its external and internal audiences in alignment with the firm's business, marketing, and public relations strategies.
- Provide support as needed in writing and updating certain portions of Johnstonllc.com.
- Assists in the production of specialty brochures, mailers, announcements, etc.
- Assists with maintaining brand integrity throughout Johnston.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
CULTURE OF THE FIRM:
Fosters and maintains a collaborative relationship with the project team. Collaborative; puts value on people and relationships. Creative, innovative, and thinks outside the box. Communicates in a clear and compelling way.
Ability to support and motivate; drives results by planning, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines.
Respects the time of others; schedules and attends meetings timely and comes prepared.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Johnston provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, or genetics. In addition to all Presidential Executive Orders and federal law requirements, Johnston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Johnston is a collaboration of experienced engineers, architects, planners and managers working together to create thoughtful, functional design throughout Greater Houston, Harris County and surrounding areas.
We are passionately committed to our Clients and their vision. We are dedicated to our staﬀ and their professional growth. Johnston is guided by founding principles that includes, collaboration, teamwork, quality and transparency. These characteristics can be seen in our work.
How to Apply: