You’re several years into your career and are looking for a more challenging opportunity. You’re dedicated to delivering projects on time and budget and are looking for some more complex projects to manage. You’ve proven you can return results and want the chance to grow as a leader. At STG, we can make that happen. STG Design is looking for an Interior Design Project Manager with eight or more years’ experience to join our Nashville office.
Built on hard work and pure passion.
STG has a 40+ year history of delivering award-winning commercial architecture and interior design. We’re building on that for the future, too. We recently became employee-owned and man are we energized. At STG, we are:
• Focused on discovering the right design solution for each client based on research and innovation
• Passionate about improving our community
• Committed to helping our employees become better professionals and better people
• Driven to create an unparalleled client experience
We like to say that we combine the best of a small office environment with the perks and benefits of a big office support system. This means unparalleled access to management, an enthusiastic, helpful administrative team, and close-knit studios who appreciate a healthy sense of humor. If you are looking for a career, for a firm to help you grow, and for an office to call home, then STG Design is the place for you!
STG’s Nashville office is located in the historic Stahlman Building, directly across from the Public Square Park (home of the Live on the Green music festival) and only a few blocks from Broadway, where you can get your fill of Honky-Tonks and Hot Chicken.
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
We want people as remarkable as we are. Of course, STG’s PMs must be detail oriented. You’ve got to understand how to plan a project and keep the client happy. But we’re also looking for PMs who look around the corner, who see problems coming before they arise, and who are excited about making their clients better. We want people who attack each new challenge with the knowledge that last week’s answer doesn’t fit this week’s question. People who are always seeking to learn more and then apply what they’ve learned to make those around them better.
What’s in a day?
One of our favorite things about this profession is the variety. Our routine is that there is no routine. On any given day you may (among other things):
- Help the PIC vet a scope and set a project fee.
- Own responsibility for project profitability, schedule, and budget.
- Manage the client interaction and expectations.
- Oversee the projection of work load and flow.
- Oversee the consultant coordination to ensure consistency with the design.
- Provide problem solving for both the technical and design facets of the project.
We know that developing expertise is important, but cross-training helps us grow, too. At STG, you’ll likely work on a variety of project types. We’ve had the chance to design a children’s museum, create Oracle’s office, reimagine a power plant, and change how Wilsonart recruits. We’ve learned that what we discover on one project type helps us innovate on another.
What we’re looking for
After 40 years, we know ourselves pretty well; we know what we expect and what lets people thrive at STG. We value people who are:
- Interesting – As a project manager, you need to be a Registered Interior Designer, but our best talents are so much more. We have philosophers and psychologists, basketball players and biologists. Heck, we’ve even got a political scientist on our staff. This breadth of experience allows us to provide unique insight into our clients’ problems and contribute to their solutions in unexpected ways.
- Great communicators – Whether it’s your desk mate, the client, or the contractor, if you can’t spread your message, you can’t deliver results.
- Self-starters – We want people who don’t wait for direction; they find the next task and get started.
- Ready learners – Whether it’s the newest Revit trick or a brand-new process to specify furniture, STG’s employees are excited to add another tool to their repertoire.
- Adaptable – No two projects are ever the same. The approach that worked last time won’t always be the right approach next time. We look for people who find the right context and right solution for the task at hand. People who seek help when they need it – whether the answer lies with our staff or an outside partner – and leverage what they learn to deliver their best work.
- Tech savvy – While you won’t be in Revit very often, we think it’s helpful for our PMs to know the program. We use Deltek Vision for our project management as well as Newforma, Bluebeam, and Plan Grid. What’s even better is if you can show us a tool we haven’t seen yet and teach us all how to be more efficient or effective.
How to Apply:
If you’re excited, we’re excited! Please apply online at https://www.stgdesign.com/careers for the “Nashville Intermediate Interiors Project Manager” opening. We’ll get in touch soon with next steps. Our process usually encompasses a couple rounds of interviews and an opportunity to chat informally with a group of potential peers.