JOB LEVEL: Entry‐Level Communications
Would you like an opportunity to create and promote community outreach programs for planning, transit/transportation and infrastructure projects in the greater Houston area, and assist with communications and marketing initiatives for architects, engineers and contractors?
Join The Lentz Group — a women‐owned, small business founded in 1987 that specializes in:
• Public outreach for transportation, water and wastewater, pedestrian and bicyclist, parks and urban design projects for agencies like the Texas Department of Transportation, City of Houston and Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County. • Communications and marketing consulting for architects, engineers, contractors and specialty consultants.
• Customizing public involvement plans to coincide with project objectives and community interests. • Researching stakeholders. • Coordinating steering committee and focus group meetings, and public meeting/hearing arrangements. • Advertising meetings in print, web and social media. • Creating communications tools, ranging from flyers to newsletters to social media postings. • Developing and summarizing surveys and questionnaires.
• Maintaining official records of public outreach activities.
Required Skills and Characteristics:
• Knowledge/Interest in learning about public involvement, architecture, engineering and construction. • Availability to work some evenings and Saturdays (when public meetings/events are scheduled). • Excellent oral and written communications. Proofreads very well.
• Attention to detail. Good note‐taker. Enjoys research.
• Extremely organized and punctual, with good time management skills and ability to multi‐task. • Brings innovative ideas to the table.
• Motivated self‐starter, able to learn quickly and complete tasks in a fast‐paced environment. • Professional and friendly attitude to work effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple teams serving multiple clients.
• Some graphic design/layout experience is recommended. • Photography interest/skills would be beneficial, but not required.
• Well‐versed in all social media platforms. Social media strategy encouraged. • Software: Microsoft Office is mandatory, and Adobe Creative Cloud is favored. • Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, liberal arts, communications or marketing. • 1‐3 years office and communications experience (internships will be considererd), preferably in the architecture, engineering, construction or political fields.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.