We are currently seeking a Specifications Writer to join our team. As a Specifications Writer, you will be responsible for directing the practice in detailed project specifications and assisting project teams in coordinating contract documents as well as promoting technical competency of office staff and ensuring technical documentation quality.
- Collaborates with Technical Principal or Operations Leader to provide complete specifications services for that Practice.
- Responsible for supervising the continual development and improvement of HOK Master Specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content.
- Responsible for integration of specifications into the buildingSMART initiative.
- Responsible for collaborating with Legal in the continual improvement of Agreements and General Conditions.
- Provides direct high level consultation to Practices and to Corporate Legal and Risk Management as needed.
- Fosters a culture of external and internal client service.
- Participates in professional development programs for Project Architects.
- Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules.
- Strong knowledge of building envelope components, interior plans and material requirements of all building and facility types. Advanced knowledge in one or more types such as Laboratory, Courthouse, Justice, and/or Healthcare specifications preferred.
- Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated Project Manual.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position go to our website at www.hok.com/careers and apply for the Regional Specifications Writer position located in Houston. Upload your resume and project list as a single pdf file.