MLN Company is seeking a motivated self-sta rter to join our Construction Business Development team. This position represents our company in the sale of large-volume construction projects, and supports our Construction-to-Service conversion initiative. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, has a strong sales background, has thorough knowledge of the construction industry, and is capable of pursuing and maintaining long-term client relationships.
• Promotes MLN’s value to clients by providing comprehensive solutions to support their business and operational objectives.
• Present MLN’s capabilities persuasively, persistently, and confidently to customers.
• Executes the sales process to seek out, qualify, and close new opportunities.
• Utilizes sales tools to plan and document progress, as well as increase business opportunities.
• Targets new customers based on vertical market strategies.
• Qualifies and assesses potential customers; refers leads to other business segments.
• Initiates sales opportunities with key decision makers of systems purchases in new and renovated buildings, and builds upon these partnerships.
• Actively listens, probes, and identifies customer goals to create proactive solutions.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge and a solution that matches the customer’s project challenge to provide value to the customer.
• Develops and presents high-quality proposals and cost/benefit analysis to customers.
• Selects and motivates team members from MLN’s sales staff for large-scale presentations.
• Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan, communicate, and document progress, as well as increase business opportunity in accounts.
• Responsible for committing sales data to CRM.
• Leverages MLN’s sales process monthly checkpoints to gain progressive commitments from the customer.
• Leads the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal team members.
• Assists in the development of team marketing plans and facilitates their implementation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline required; Mechanical Engineering and/or Industrial Distribution degree preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive field sales experience at the executive level.
• Construction and mechanical contracting industry knowledge required.
• Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes with cover letter to James Jones, email@example.com.