- Able to perform all Senior Project Manager and/or Project Executive responsibilities.
- Review and approve all estimates and schedules prepared for assigned projects.
- Facilitate project through pursuit, contract negotiation, preconstruction, construction, closeout, and warranty.
- Lead effort during Pre-Construction Services (attending recurring design meetings, design to the established budget, coordinate budgeting and estimating efforts, coordinate early activities and long lead items that could affect construction, manage constructability and BIM reviews)
- Supervise subcontract bidding and negotiations (must approve all subcontracts and major material purchase orders.)
- Review contract terms and conditions and facilitate contract negotiations through execution.
- Lead project planning, including conducting project kick-off meetings and planning sessions.
- Ensure that scheduling procedures are followed – baseline schedule, monthly updates, three-week ahead scheduling.
- Collaborate with Estimating to help develop the initial job cost budget
- Ensure that cost control is set up and maintained in accordance with company procedures.
- Lead and supervise project mobilization and job setup. Ensure that project is properly staffed and that they have all the tools and resources needed.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and oversee supervision of qualified construction personnel.
- Supervise the activities of the project team to ensure compliance with company policies, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Make periodic job site visits and report status.
- Maintain a positive cash flow and ensure timely progress payments.
- Ensure timely job close-out and closed job reports.
- Prepare and oversee timely and accurate management reports, including monthly project status reports.
- Monitor each project team member’s compliance with their job descriptions and responsibilities and conduct formal employee performance evaluations for staff.
- Maintain continued positive client contact on current projects.
- Coordinate with Relationship Management to develop new or renewed client relationships.
- Lead opportunity pursuit activities and support Relationship Management activities including proposal kickoff meetings, proposal preparation (including qualifications, fee, general conditions, and preconstruction costs), interview preparations and presentations, negotiation, debriefings, and contract execution.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- Conducts and presents market research for the development and execution of Market Sector Leader Plans.
- Create and implement Market Sector Leader Plans, including goals and objectives for obtaining new and maintaining existing relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Identify all potential opportunities in the public and private sectors, research background information prioritizes with other Market Sector Leaders (MSL) and Relationship Management Professionals (RMPs), and follow through with the strategies for selected opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with existing and potential owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers within the interiors market sector by creating a positive image of White Construction Company, while coordinating with other MSLs and RMPs.
- Understands local and regional market trends and uses research skills to gain information on markets that become the basis of company planning goals.
- Participates in weekly Relationship Management and Operations meetings where the team communicates, identifies, updates the status of, and selects target clients and projects and discusses coordination of Relationship Management and Operations activities.
- Utilizes Client Relationship Management (CRM) in managing Relationships, Leads, and Opportunities.
- Obtains and assists other MSLs and RMPs to obtain feedback from owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers, and develops and implements procedures to benchmark our performance against past performance.
- Coordinates with other MSLs and RMPs to distribute company information to clients, business associations, communities, and other professional groups in an effective, consistent, and timely manner.
- Creates competitor analysis to understand the strengths and weaknesses of our competition.
- Identifies strategic professional organizations, in collaboration with other MSLs and RMPs, to ensure we are represented at selected conferences, conventions, exhibits, and industry award events.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Makes internal and external presentations and supports MSLs and RMPs to coordinate/prepare for external presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
- Update the management team on Relationship Management activities, progress, and goals and objectives.
- Assist with business-related decisions; including go/no-go decisions for projects.
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree or equivalent experience.
- Construction experience (minimum 15 years, including supervisory skills.)
- Leadership ability.
- Problem-solving ability and a strong sense of urgency.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Technology skills including but not limited to Primavera, Bluebeam, Vista, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of contract law and project accounting.
- Thorough understanding of all project management control systems (scheduling, cost control procurement, and estimating.)
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and energetic attitude.
- Self-starter results-driven and able to work independently.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust and partnership.
- Ability to multi-task and is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
White Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer.