The primary duty of the Project Capture Administrator is to be responsible for all administrative activities required to support successful acquisition of work, execution of bids, and creation or facilitation of documentation. Since there are multiple bids going on, it is the duty of the Project Capture Administrator to participate actively with each estimator to ensure the work is properly organized. He or she primarily acts to assist the estimating department.
• Successfully support achievement of the estimator’s primary goals by recognizing and communicating where bid formalities and activities need to come together.
• Act to ensure collective team work occurs rather than individual work.
• Work in a cooperative, respectful manner that enhances the work of others and promotes
a team environment.
Pre-Qualification & Bid Preparation
• Prepare Pre-Qualification Statements for review and forward to client upon approval.
• Set up bid folders and handle plans and specifications throughout the entire bid process (including bid updates, clarifications, RFI’s and RFI answers received.
• Create and update bios for all office employees and field management team.
• Create and update project summaries for use in pre-qualification and other Company presentation documents.
• Create the proposal document(s) (from pre-approved templates) for all projects the company has made the decision to capture. Project-specific technical writing to be performed by others.
• Manage documents from win stage through pre-job planning, Estimator to Project Manager Handoffs, and archiving for future reference.
• Contact suppliers for material pricing and maintain database of pricing for reference and use Company’s online plan room software for bid invitation to suppliers and subcontractors.
• Solicit subcontractor bids via phone, fax, and email, including scanning and/or printing plans for distribution to Sub-Contractors and vendors.
• Attend project and other meetings and take notes as instructed. Keep meeting minutes updated and distribute as needed.
• Personally deliver, email and/or fax bid proposals to Clients when necessary.
• Communicate with insurance and bonding agents for pre-qualifications and bid compliance.
• Assist with compilation and editing of project lists and facilitate the integration of the lists into Cosential.
• Administrative support for estimators.
• File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned
• Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response rate according to agreed standards. Log information on calls received, where required, and maintain detailed and accurate records.
• File system management of old bids, plans, and specifications.
• Compile historical job costs for in-house work.
• Add new vendors to Company database.
• Order and maintain relevant office supplies for effectiveness of personal duties.
• Schedule couriers, mail documents, copy, file, and type letters as needed.
• Collect and distribute fax correspondence to staff. Identify items of urgency and route accordingly.
• Complete all other duties and projects as requested by management in a timely manner.
• Update the Bid Schedule as necessary and transfer information to Cosential.
• Organize office space for new team members, set up email signature & voicemail.
• Maintain estimating printing area neat and organized with necessary supplies.
• Create Job Books and upload to PlanGrid for field use.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of two (2) years of work experience, preferably in an accounting or office function.
• Basic knowledge of the construction industry.
• Ability to manage complex details related to simultaneous projects.
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between Clients, suppliers, visitors, enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
• Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
• Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy machine.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in the use of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office application suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Ability to understand and use accounting and database software.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Some college, Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
Slack & Co. is an established heavy civil contractor. We perform all aspects of site development, including but not limited to, clearing and grubbing, mass excavation and backfill, and site stabilization. We install underground storm sewer, water, sanitary, and process piping. In addition, we perform concrete paving, foundations, sumps, equipment pads, and superstructures. We provide our customers with excellent safety, superior quality, and value-added services.
How to Apply:
Email resume to email@example.com