The position coordinates with the leadership of White Construction Company to establish and maintain relationships with potential, past and current owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers through development, implementation and reporting of Market Sector Leader Plans. The Relationship Management Professional develops and maintains business relationships with a wide variety of individuals in industry design, management, ownership and operations positions.
- Assists MSLs with, conducts, and presents market research for the development and execution of Market Sector Leader Plans.
- Assists with creating and implementing Market Sector Leader Plans, including goals and objectives for obtaining new and maintaining existing relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Identifies and assists Market Sector Leaders (MSLs) identify all potential opportunities in the public and private sectors, research background information, prioritizes with the Market Sector Leaders (MSL), and follow through with the strategies for selected opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with existing and potential owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers by creating a positive image of White Construction Company, while coordinating with MSLs.
- Understands local and regional market trends and uses research skills to gain information on markets that become the basis of company planning goals.
- Participates in weekly and bi-weekly Relationship Management meetings where the team communicates, identifies, updates the status of, and selects target clients and projects and discusses coordination of Relationship Management activities. • Utilizes Client Relationship Management (CRM) in managing Relationships, Leads and Opportunities.
- Obtains and assists MSLs obtain feedback from owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers, and develops and implements procedures to benchmark our performance against past performance.
- Coordinates with Market Sector Leaders to distribute company information to clients, business associations, communities, and other professional groups in an effective, consistent and timely manner.
- Creates competitor analysis to understand the strengths and weaknesses of our competition.
- Identifies strategic professional organizations, in collaboration with MSLs, to ensure we are represented at selected conferences, conventions, exhibits, and industry award events.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Makes internal and external presentations and helps MSLs coordinate/prepare for external presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
- Update management team on Relationship Management activities, progress, and goals and objectives.
- Assist with business related decisions; including go/no-go decisions for projects.
- Assists with the development of the Relationship Management Department’s Annual Goals and Objectives.
- Assists the Relationship Management Team to respond to requests for proposals, qualifications, and other information required in pursuit of projects. Develops and supports the implementation strategy (format, objectives, features, benefits, differentiators, etc.).
- Assists the Relationship Management Team by developing content for social media, website and internal/external communications. • Assists with providing insightful analysis of RFPs/RFQs to identify compliance issues and understand what is needed for our team to be responsive and win.
- Assists with the development of Proposal Activity Planning that guide and organize the process for pursuit teams (including proposal activity plan, milestone schedule, proposal kick off meetings, etc.).
- Contribute winning written content, edit technical staff contributions, and provide edits, QA/QC, and compliance checks.
- Assist with the collection of Marketing Assets and project data.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Construction Management, or related field. Experience may be substituted for degree deficiency.
- Experience in construction related field.
- Business Development and Marketing education/experience and established experience/networks within the AEC industry, preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Self-starter, results driven and able to work independently.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust and partnership.
- Ability to multi-task and is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
White Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer.