The Risk Manager assists the Controller with the planning and coordination of Company control, risk funding and insurance programs to minimize losses. The Contract Administrator coordinates and administers routine on-site subcontract work, using standardized methods relating to the processing, recording and maintenance of contracts for a particular project.
• Ensures that Slack & Co. contracts, insurance and bonds are developed, implemented and documented in accordance with company policies and procedures, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
• Maintains all operations contracts, subcontracts and change orders.
• Work in a cooperative, respectful manner that enhances the work of others and promotes a team environment.
Position Overview – continued
• Negotiate contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions and change orders in compliance with standard contracting laws, policies and procedures. Mediate contract disputes, as required.
• Maintain databases of subcontractor’s insurance, Slack & Co. bonds and ensure compliance with Slack & Co. requirements.
• Establish and maintain essential records and files using computerized record-keeping systems as appropriate.
• Routinely collect related data, analyze information, and report on contract compliance and status.
• Build strong relationships with client and supplier representatives and work with other departments to ensure that terms and conditions of contracts are thoroughly understood.
• May be required to report to work outside normal business hours during emergency conditions, or to report at a different time and location.
• Complete all other duties and projects as requested by management in a timely manner.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Five (5) years of commercial construction industry experience, specifically in contracts administration.
• Considerable knowledge of legal issues involved with contracts and Texas lien laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of principles of cost allowability and reasonableness, contract budget principles and principles of matching fund accounting.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve complex problems.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Strong customer and results orientation.
• Able to interact effectively at all levels.
• Team environment oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work as member of a professional team.
• Proactive behavior in serving staff and project managers.
• Ability to manage complex details related to simultaneous projects.
• Expert computer skills with proficiency in accounting systems, reporting systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Requires a High School diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Administration or equivalent experience.
How to Apply:
Email Resume to email@example.com
Slack & Co. provides civil construction services, including earthwork, site work, mass excavations and underground utilities for Houston and South Texas.