White Construction Company (WCC) is looking for a qualified Superintendent to join the WCC Team.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, the Superintendent is primarily responsible for: organizing the work, managing field staff, implementing OSHA standards and the WCC Safety Manual, the work methods utilized on the construction project, scheduling, meeting cost control goals, conforming to drawings and specifications, quality of workmanship, and the assignment of work activities to accomplish the best economical, safe, and efficient execution of the work.
• Lead and manage Superintendents and other Field personnel under supervision
• Demonstrate WCC’s culture and Core Values in daily collaborative interfaces
• Collaborate with Project Managers on project schedules, budgets, constructability, and quality
• Develop, update and implement three week look-ahead schedules and effectively communicate with subcontractors and vendors regarding the project schedule
• Maintain quality assurance and quality control best management practices to deliver the best possible construction product
• Extract, understand, implement and communicate information from Revit and Navisworks models
• Establish and maintain relationships with Subcontractors, Vendors, Developers, and outside consultants to promote WCC and its Core Values
• Attend and contribute to Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings
• Collaborate with Safety Representatives to regularly review project safety reporting trends and inspection information
• Manage projects utilizing best management practices and principals
• Develop, update, and implement a project site logistics plan to include hoisting and other general conditions items
• Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone with:
• A thorough understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures
• A professional demeanor that enables the person to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the firm
• Excellent leadership/managerial and mentoring/teaching skills
• Good organizational skills
• The willingness to lead and develop their team while also possessing uncompromising authenticity and integrity
• A thorough understanding of building construction
• The ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with all team members
• A passion to get things done, and confidence to present and win project pursuits
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent experience (4 years as Assistant Superintendent), preferred
• 10-15 years of field coordination, or relevant commercial construction project experience, preferred
• Experience using Primavera, Procore, Bluebeam, Vista by Viewpoint, and Revit or comparable construction technologies, preferred
• Extensive field construction experience at supervisory level
• Working knowledge of all crafts (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades), and prior experience as foreman or journeyman in at least one trade, or project engineer, preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA laws
• Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting and cost control
You also meet the following requirements:
• Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills
• Positive, enthusiastic and energetic attitude
• Self-starter, results driven and able to work independently
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust and partnership
• Ability to multi-task and is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment
• Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment
• Frequently ascends/descends ladders and stairs
• Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
• Frequently moves equipment up to 50 Ibs to various locations on site
• Constantly communicates with subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team
• Ability to constantly move around job site
• Ability to adhere to consistent and timely attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
White Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer.
When Charles N. White founded White Construction Company in 1971, he understood that the best way to achieve his clients’ goals was by sharing their vision of success, not just in the terms of the final product, but at every single stage of the process.
Today, we continue to build upon our reputation as a reliable, trustworthy construction partner capable of delivering even the most complex projects on time and within budget. Although our company has grown in size and stature, we remain a family business offering principal involvement on every project. From healthcare facilities to corporate headquarters, retail centers to courthouses, we approach every project with remarkable attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
How to Apply:
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com