We have an immediate opening for the right individual to join our growing Civil Engineering group in the Houston office in the role of Team Director for Site Development projects. This individual will act as the primary design and project management lead working with and managing a team of project managers, engineers and drafters on a variety of site development projects including commercial and institutional land/site development.
Other responsibilities of this position include business development activities and assignments concentrated in a specific target area, project client interface and financial management of projects assigned to the team including, monthly financial reports and setting goals to meet business objectives. Great client service capability is a must. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressive pursuit of positive client and staff management are pluses.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Managing a group of project managers, engineers and drafters in the performance of land/site development projects, including technical design, quality control, and project management.
- Sound technical civil/site design background
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of U.S. design codes and standards
- Related local experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (MS a plus)
- PE in Texas
- 8+ years experience in site development design and project management
- Some local experience working with City of Houston and Harris County
- Experience managing civil/site development projects
- Staff management experience
Walter P Moore is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we engineer solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have 600+ professionals working across 18 US offices and 5 international locations.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should go to careers.walterpmoore.com or apply directly at https://careers-walterpmoore.icims.com/jobs/1448/civil-engineering-team-director/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=510&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300