Seeking a motivated, passionate, and experienced H&H engine er to join our team. The candidate will work in a team that provides hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, stormwater management infrastructure design, and stormwater permitting services, primarily in support of highway-related drainage projects. This candidate will additionally perform as a team leader on stormwater and floodplain management serving highway and other transportation projects. The ideal applicant will collaborate with highly driven professionals for a family-owned company that prides itself on excellence and integrity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead drainage design for transportation projects such as roads and bridges, including hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, riverine and urban systems, regional drainage studies, and FEMA LOMCs
• Lead the development of preliminary plans through final construction plans and specifications in accordance with TxDOT standards
• Lead design of highway drainage systems
• Assume both leadership and supporting roles in project assignments
• Coordinate and manage daily activities/scheduling of various assigned projects
• Prepare project budgets, proposals, and schedules
• Invoicing, progress reporting, and professional services contract administration
• Preparation of applications for NPDES MS4 permits, USACE 401/404 water quality permits, FEMA LOMC, and supporting documentation and calculations
• Ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations
• Communicate and interact effectively with project team members and clients
• Build lasting relationships with project team members, clients, and prospective clients, as well as local and state regulatory officials
• Understanding of stormwater management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Agricultural Engineering
• Professional Engineer (Texas license preferred or be in position to obtain registration through reciprocity)
• 5-10 years of related experience with drainage infrastructure design, analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models such as OpenRoads, InRoads, Geopak Drainage, HY-8, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow, PondPack, Win TR-55, HEC-HMS, reporting, and production of construction drawings
• Experience in XP-SWMM or HEC-RAS preferred
• Organized, motivated, and passionate in field of expertise
Vickrey & Associates, Inc. (V&A) is a Texas-based civil engineering consulting and surveying services firm providing program management, design, and construction phase services to the private and public sectors since 1971.
V&A is recognized by the San Antonio Business Journal and the San Antonio Express News as one of the Best Places to Work. V&A offers a full array of employee benefits to include 401(k), life insurance, medical, dental, LTD, cafeteria plan, PTO, holiday pay, etc.
Our talented team of professionals is passionate about working together to develop solutions that improve our communities. Our objective is to exceed our clients' expectations by providing outstanding customer service along with innovative and quality design solutions that meet our clients' needs. Come join our team!
V&A is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, disability, workers' compensation status, military service, creed, belief, or political affiliation.
How to Apply:
Apply on the careers page of our website at: http://www.vickreyinc.com/~vickreyinc/careers/current-positions