RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the Project Manager and Project Team with electrical design tasks for projects.
- Tend to project tasks from start to completion with limited questions.
- A firm understanding of codes and the design process, as well as the ability to complete job deliverables and deadlines on time, is required.
- Handle the design of power distributions, lighting, fire alarm, security, audio/visual and telecommunications and special systems for new and renovated building types.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to design and complete all aspects of projects from start to finish.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Education: Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering Degree
- Experience: 3+ years of industry related experience (experience gained from college internships may also qualify).
- Thorough knowledge and expertise with layout and design of electrical distribution, lighting design, and lighting controls.
- Experience designing systems in accordance with the NEC and IECC.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit. Revit experience preferred.
- Understanding of Mechanical and Plumbing Systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with owners and architects regarding design questions or issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines through to completion.
- Ability to train/mentor other designers in electrical design.
DBR Engineering Consultants, Inc. is an engineering firm with offices throughout Texas that has been providing quality engineering services for 46 years. As a leader in the green building movement, we are focused on sustainability and committed to creating energy-efficient, high-performance building systems. In addition to MEP engineering, we provide energy modeling, commissioning, and LEED consulting services.
How to Apply:
Send resumes to: email@example.com