This is an entry level engineering position, which requires close supervision. This position will perform assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
• Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer using prescribed engineering methods – collects data and gathers information; prepares drawings and visual aids, and performs H&H related modeling
• Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
• Assists in the preparation of engineering reports and supporting documents for subdivisions, commercial developments, multi-family developments, private development projects, and/or public works projects
• Assists in the preparation of engineering calculations for the hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, earthwork quantities, floodplain mitigation, and other supporting documentation for public and/or private projects
• Coordinates project assignments with those of others in his/her discipline group
• Provide accurate accounting of time spent on projects, with descriptions for each time entry
• Perform engineering design/drafting using AutoCAD and ArcGIS software
• May assist in coordinating and/or directing the work of Drafters and Technicians
• May attend “kick-off” and design review meetings
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• E.I.T. Certification
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs, AutoCAD, ArcGIS
• Must be knowledgeable of engineering principles
• Must possess excellent time management skills, and be able to complete assigned tasks within deadlines
• Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Maintain a professional appearance and behavior
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
R.. Miller Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.
For half a century, R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. has built a reputation based on the strength of our ideas and our ability to make them a reality for our clients, by combining engineering expertise, solid management skills and a dynamic corporate culture. R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. is a Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients in Texas. Our integrated team of professional engineers is skilled and experienced in all areas of site and land development, utility districts, public works, transportation, hydrology and environmental engineering.
How to Apply