This is an intermediate level position for a professional engineer, designed to further develop the professional knowledge, skills and abilities, of the Engineer-In-Training. This position will perform engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives involving conventional types of engineering plans, surveys, investigations or structures. Some exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives; work is reviewed for the application of sound professional judgment by Supervisor.
• May investigate, measure, survey and map the earth’s physical features and phenomena, including any necessary research and development activities
• Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using limited judgment in making some engineering adaptations and modifications to certain aspects of assigned construction projects and alteration of plans
• Assists in the preparation of engineering improvement plans, reports, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications for assigned projects
• Assists in the preparation of engineering calculations, such as storm drain, wastewater, water systems, earthwork quantities, floodplain mitigation transportation, cost estimates, and other supporting documentation for public and private projects
• Coordinates project assignments with those of others in his/her discipline group
• Researches code issues , design options and document findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers
• May review drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, and architects, and recommend changes
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• E.I.T. Certification
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience as an Engineer In Training
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs & AutoCADD software.
• Must be knowledgeable of engineering principles
• Must possess time management skills, and be able to complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines
• Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
•Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Maintain a professional appearance and behavior
•Must be well organized and detail oriented
R.. Miller Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.
For half a century, R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. has built a reputation based on the strength of our ideas and our ability to make them a reality for our clients, by combining engineering expertise, solid management skills and a dynamic corporate culture. R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. is a Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients in Texas. Our integrated team of professional engineers is skilled and experienced in all areas of site and land development, utility districts, public works, transportation, hydrology and environmental engineering.
How to Apply