This position is fully responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time; in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Mail final invoices file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Review weekly time sheets.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement as directed by Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Communicate and coordinate with the local offices.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in A/E environment.
- Knowledge of Vision 5.1 Software or other accounting platform, a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Services Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
Landtech, Inc. offers rewarding employment opportunities in a casual and relaxed working environment. You will learn to develop your technical and managerial skills through your work with a variety of challenges and solutions. With training and access to state of the art technology, we provide the tools you need to advance your career. We encourage our employees to participate in professional societies, educational seminars, and social functions. We strive to attract and retain smart, skilled, and creative people. Landtech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes to: