This position is responsible for highway design engineering and will assist in a wide variety of transportation related projects that may include schematic development; urban and rural roadway design; freeway and interchange design; hydraulics and hydrology; signalization; rights of way coordination and management; and public safety improvements.
• Lead project teams to accomplish task assignments related to schematic design and PS&E for highway projects in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
• Provide guidance and direction to project design team for various tasks within the scope of a project including training and supervising project team
• Lead multi-discipline support consultant teams in project development and design
• Develop innovative design techniques, support tools, and project delivery methods
• Present new ideas and techniques to clients and stakeholders
• Support Project Manager in adhering to project budget and schedule; monitor quality control methods
• Support efforts in proposal development, project scoping as well as with client relationship development
• Attend design review meetings and interact with clients
• Bachelor of Science degree in civil or transportation engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Texas
• 10 years’ multidiscipline experience in roadway design and PS&E
• Proficient in Microstation, GeoPak, MS Office Suite and scheduling
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels of employees in an organization
• Self-starter capable of completing tasks with minimal oversight
• High level of accuracy in work product
• Ability to technically develop members of project team
• Must be able to work from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to meet project deadlines
What makes Pape-Dawson different? Our people.
Pape-Dawson has created an atmosphere where talented and dedicated engineers, surveyors, geologists, geoscientists and support personnel focus individual and collective skills on a single objective – sound, innovative and cost-effective solutions. Our diverse professional backgrounds benefit each client through sensitivity to individual requirements, responsiveness to project deadlines and creative, yet rational, solutions.
How to Apply:
We invite you to learn more about our company culture and the numerous benefits of working for one of the largest privately owned engineering firms in Texas by visiting our website,