This position is responsible for the overall successful completion of assigned projects, including, but not limited to, scope development, contract negotiations, organization, compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, cost and schedule controls, implementation, staff and client management, and quality control. The Project Manager is assigned to projects which are more standard in nature, encompass a moderate level of complexity, skill and experience, typically involving a few stakeholders with similar interests, and a lower dollar volume.
• Plan, schedule, assign, supervise and motivate the work of project team members
• Ensure the performance of Company QA/QC procedures on all project deliverables; direct a staff engaged in the design, preparation of drawings, plans, specifications, and
estimates for a variety of work projects/contracts
• Coordinate the inspection of construction work performed under contracts, including the interpretation and revision of plans and specifications, and the maintenance of related records/reports
• Monitor projects to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
• Coordinates activities with various project approval agencies
• Represent client issues at meetings and conferences with project stakeholders as appropriate
• Act as an internal consultant to fellow team members, providing input for business
decisions and communicating said decisions
• Work closely with project team to resolve any existing or forecasted problems related to discipline, staffing, quality of work, schedule performance, or productivity
• Recommend improvements to department procedures on an on-going basis; identifying "best business practice"
• Support pre-contract and business development efforts as required, serving as technical consultant
• Prepare clear, concise correspondence and complex, technical reports using correct punctuation, spelling and grammar
• Communicate effectively with Supervisor on personal schedule and department matters
• Deal effectively with representatives of other organizations, as well as with the public
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Bachelor Degree in civil engineering
• Professional Engineers' (P.E.) License in the State of Texas
• Minimum of five (5) years progressive design experience and three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional civil engineering work
• Must possess current knowledge of local, state and federal design codes and regulations, industry practices and regulations, and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and legal documents
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignments
• Must be able to demonstrate/perform sound engineering principals in solving engineering problems, as well as effectively communicate said solutions to all parties involved
• Must be able to lead and contribute to the design, execution and project management support for all projects, maintain client and contractor relationships, and attend necessary meetings in the greater Houston area
• Must be able to plan and/or develop engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems requiring state-of-the-art expertise
• Must have a proven ability to work in a team environment with design staff
• Must be able to interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments
• Must be able to understand and implement RGME Financial Management
• Must possess and exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess the ability to think critically and solve problems while maintaining a team oriented environment
R.. Miller Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.
For half a century, R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. has built a reputation based on the strength of our ideas and our ability to make them a reality for our clients, by combining engineering expertise, solid management skills and a dynamic corporate culture. R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. is a Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients in Texas. Our integrated team of professional engineers is skilled and experienced in all areas of site and land development, utility districts, public works, transportation, hydrology and environmental engineering.
How to Apply