The Project Manager role at Pape-Dawson is one of the most rewarding and valued positions within the Company. These leaders provide oversight of projects while developing a team the Pape-Dawson way. Working with our clients from the very beginning while guiding a dynamic team of engineers and technical support professionals is key to complete each task with excellence. Their influence does not end there. Each Project Manager actively participates in professional associations (leadership roles) and community organizations to give back which is one of our core values.
What can you expect on a daily basis?
- Lead and mentor a dynamic group of technical professionals – engineers and technical support- to serve our clients well
- Engage in the proposal and client agreement development and execution
- Develop trusting professional relationships with clients, public agency officials and community leaders
- Be respectful of client time-lines through effective coordination of project tasks, budgets and schedules
- Champion the professional development of each member of a project team according to each member’s individual goals and career path
- Participate in the development of company design and production standards to continue excellence within our technical expertise
- Be open to new ways of accomplishing goals
- Seek guidance from other leaders; be open to suggestions in various aspects of project management
- Give back to our community by actively participating in professional associations and civic organizations
Providing leadership in these daily activities, among others, will continue the Pape-Dawson vision of becoming the most respected engineering firm in Texas.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) designation in the State of Texas
- 4 years' experience managing a team and clients for the completion of commercial projects from conception to completion including estimating costs of technical tasks
- Extensive knowledge of design and construction practices which, by passing on that knowledge to others will aid in your success
- Open to coaching from leadership team to learn the Pape-Dawson way
- Proven experience and willingness to identify new opportunities with existing clients as well as having the confidence and ability to develop new client partnerships
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully communicate, both oral and written skills, with all level of employees
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, public agency officials and community leaders
- Office hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday to be available to serve each other and our clients. You must be available to work within this time-frame. There are also times when it is important to work a little extra to get the job done so there may be times when working overtime is necessary
Pape-Dawson Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.
In 1965, Pape-Dawson Engineers, Inc. was established as a civil engineering firm with the goal of providing quality services with a high level of integrity. These core values continue today as we remain uncompromised in our dedication to maintain integrity and competence, develop solutions in the best interest of our clients and the public, support and develop our employees, and positively contribute to the community. Pape-Dawson provides professional civil engineering consulting services in the areas of land development, transportation, water resources, surveying, environmental, cultural resources, hydrology/hydraulics (H&H), and geographic information systems (GIS). With offices in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas, we are able to effectively serve our clients throughout Texas.
How to Apply: