- Perform engineering duties and Project Management for single family development projects.
- Provide technical design of civil engineering projects from planning through completion, Including grading, water distribution, sanitary sewer, drainage and paving.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within established budget parameters.
- Designs and oversees various sized privately funded endeavors including zoning, subdivision, utilities, site layout, roads, grading and storm water detention design.
- Land development of large master planned communities includes utilities, street layout and city, county and state paving design projects.
- Estimates work load to establish completion dates and manages staff to deliver projects on schedule
- Client contact includes land development companies, city, county and state public officials and various levels of management.
- Complete various civil engineering tasks, research, report preparation and technical specifications.
- Focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture of a project.
- Establish and maintain client relations through regular and constructive communication with clientele and project team members.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Lead or support in the preparation of project proposals.
- Bachelors of Science with an emphasis in Civil Engineering.
- Possess P.E. or in the process of sitting for the P.E. exam within the first 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience with minimum of 3 years of experience on single family site development.
- Detailed knowledge of City and County review processes in Austin area markets.
- This position demands an individual with a strong detail-oriented work style, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an accommodating and proactive attitude.
- Familiar with sub-divisions, grading, streets, sanitary sewer collection, storm drains, and water distribution.
- Must exhibit strong project management and leadership skills and be expected to maintain client relationships and continued development of project work
- Experience with AutoCAD software and proficient with MS Office
- Basic knowledge of underground utilities, paving projects, ground storage tanks, elevated tanks, water wells, sewer rehabilitation and wastewater treatment plant expansions. (Preferred)
- Supervision and coordination of drafting and CAD projects.
Jones|Carter is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and its employees. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
How to Apply: