Assist in the acquisition and retention of clients and the optimization of profitability for the company through the development and implementation of engineering services, so that clients' needs and expectations are exceeded. Lead and work closely with designated project team. Strategically meet objectives of the Business Level Strategy, as well as the Corporate Level Strategy. Serve as a resource guide, sharing expertise and experience with direct reports. Educate designated team while keeping up-to-date with the latest civil engineering practices and company engineering tools and technology.
- Lead and manage a project team.
- Prepare construction documents for civil infrastructure improvements for residential and/or commercial developments including: earthwork, rough grading, finish grading, site hydrology and drainage, soil erosion control, underground utilities, paving/roadways, and civil/site permitting.
- Prepare and process plats and plans in New Braunfels and surrounding municipalities.
- Exercise knowledge of construction process as it relates to permitting and surveying requirements.
- Practice strong management and client customer service skills.
- Ensure designated team acts in accordance with:
- Sound engineering practices
- Municipal regulations and requirements
- Client dictated criteria
- Sensitivity to costs
- Constructability of the design
- Work closely with state and other municipal authorities to ensure all appropriate approvals are granted prior to commencement of construction.
- Exhibit great attention to detail
- Manage multiple projects and multiple team members.
- Review and approve payables and receivables.
- Marketing and relationship management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent industry experience in land development.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required.
- Civil 3D experience a plus.
- Perform bending and reaching to both ground level and overhead
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 pounds
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- State of Texas Professional Engineer (P.E.) license required.
- If operating a motor vehicle for the purpose of completing job duties, must posses a valid Texas Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit our website:
Land development civil engineering is the most unique of the two main practices of civil engineering. It is entirely dependent on the individuality of a region’s land makeup and structure, as well as its governing federal, state, and local municipality laws and regulations. This is the world of KFW Engineers & Surveying and to us, it’s serious business!
In 2006, KFW’s founders had a vision to create a full-service land development civil engineering firm that focused on taking care of clients first and employees a close second, soon followed by a complimentary full-service surveying company in 2008.
Our Principals instilled a simple yet powerful company-wide Client First attitude — from themselves to our engineers to our technicians to our support staff. The core of this attitude is ensuring all clients feel like those taking care of them at KFW are readily available, approachable, and partnering toward their success.
The Principals have made a very close second priority to take care of our own and truly empower KFW’s employees to live and breathe this Client First attitude. First, our employees are armed with the latest, cutting edge technology advances that add value for our clients. This includes software (Civil 3D 2015, ArcGIS); hardware (total stations with photo scanning, GPS, and robotics capabilities); and infrastructure (proprietary GIS website that uniquely combines the layering of area geo-informational databases). Second, our employees enjoy an environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, professional growth, and fun.
Visit any of our social media pages to get a clearer picture of what our company & culture are all about. Find us @kfwengineers on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter.