This position is responsible for roadway design engineering and will assist in a wide variety of transportation related projects. Projects will include schematic development; urban and rural roadway design; freeway and interchange design; hydraulics and hydrology; signalization; rights of way coordination and management; and public safety improvements.
• Lead project teams to accomplish task assignments related to schematic design and PS&E for highway projects in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
• Provide guidance and direction to project design team for various tasks within the scope of a project including training and supervising project team
• Lead multi-discipline support consultant teams in project development and design
• Develop innovative design techniques, support tools, and project delivery methods
• Present new ideas and techniques to clients and stakeholders
• Support Project Manager in adhering to project budget and schedule; monitor quality control methods
• Support efforts in proposal development, project scoping as well as with client relationship development
• Attend design review meetings and interact with clients
• Bachelor of Science degree in civil or transportation engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Texas
• 10 years’ multidiscipline experience in roadway schematic design and PS&E with at least 5 years' managing projects from conception to completion
• Working knowledge Microstation, GeoPak, MS Office Suite and scheduling
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels of employees in an organization
• Self-starter capable of completing tasks with minimal oversight
• High level of accuracy in work product
• Ability to technically develop members of project team
• Must be able to work from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to meet project deadlines
Pape-Dawson Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.
In 1965, Pape-Dawson Engineers, Inc. was established as a civil engineering firm with the goal of providing quality services with a high level of integrity. These core values continue today as we remain uncompromised in our dedication to maintain integrity and competence, develop solutions in the best interest of our clients and the public, support and develop our employees, and positively contribute to the community. Pape-Dawson provides professional civil engineering consulting services in the areas of land development, transportation, water resources, surveying, environmental, cultural resources, hydrology/hydraulics (H&H), and geographic information systems (GIS). With offices in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas, we are able to effectively serve our clients throughout Texas.
How to Apply: