The SUE Project Manager (PM) manages all aspects of his/her assigned public and private civil SUE projects, including field work, deliverables and client communication, under the direction of the Sr. Project Manager/PE or the Area Manager, dependent on office location. The PM has a thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, and procedures to provide Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) services. The PM operates under a certain degree of autonomy using the staff and resources allocated to them to provide top quality service to the client while meeting profitability goals. The PM position is a salaried, exempt from overtime position, and may require working more than 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to apply ASCE standard Civil Engineering practices to assigned SUE projects.
- Able to perform project assignments within the scope of work and guidelines defined, within the time and schedule allocations provided.
- These assignments will include, but are not limited to: Preparing client proposals and estimates; Coordinating permits as needed for project execution; Contacting local, state and federal agencies and client personnel to request and check data, reports, and other material, as needed; Reviewing and processing field data on assigned projects, recognizing discrepancies in results; Preparing engineering documents using AutoCAD and/or Microstation software platforms, and assembling project deliverable packages; Reviewing invoices and preparing/reviewing progress reports to client
- Able to communicate clearly with other company personnel, including other Project Managers, Field Staff, Administration, and Leadership via telephone, text, email, and face-to-face conversations
- Able to communicate clearly with client personnel and subconsultants via telephone, text and email
- Able to represent the firm at client meetings in a professional manner
- Able to report to work on-time
Additional Job Duties:
Actively participates in at least one professional organization.
- Education (Minimum) - B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Certification – Professional Engineer, Civil, in Texas is preferred, however equivalent experience will be considered.
- Previous Engineering experience in SUE highly preferred, Minimum of 5 years of experience in related Civil Engineering field required
- Previous experience in Utility Coordination a plus, but not required
- Mastery of MS Office products, i.e.: MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug & alcohol screenings
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Sit for up to 8 hours
May be required to go out to job site, walking long distances
Able to tolerate stress during peak work hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Safe Harbor 401k, with Company Match
- 100% Company Paid Health Insurance for Employee
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Paid $20,000 Life Insurance
- Company Paid Aflac Accident
- Company Subsidized Dental Insurance
- Company Subsidized Vision Insurance
The Rios Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, nation origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability.
How to Apply:
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rios Group, Inc. (TRG) is a minority-woman owned Texas Corporation, established in 2012, and headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. With additional offices located in Dallas, Houston (The Woodlands), Austin (Round Rock) and San Antonio, TRG maintains a team of over 65 people. Over the last 7 years, TRG has provided responsive, reliable and full service professional Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) and Utility Coordination (UC) for numerous public-sector agencies and private clients, small and large, throughout Texas. Over 5 million linear feet of QL “B” services and over 10,000 QL “A” test holes have been provided.