We are seeking an assistant to the administrative principal who will perform a variety of tasks including firm-wide, accounting support, invoicing and general administration. The role of the admin team is focused on the efficiency and financial health of the company, enhancing the development of employees and providing a supportive and fun environment in which to work. The position offers the opportunity to work with our creative teams remotely over four offices nationwide, and very closely within our Houston studio.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Previous experience in an accounting support role
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail, is a must
• Experience with Ajera project management/accounting software is preferred
• Must be proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability and passion to learn new skills and programs
• The ability to work as part of a team and take direction, whilst being able to prioritize own workload including deadline-driven tasks
• Strong organizational skills, efficiency and ability to focus
• Respectful and friendly phone etiquette and written communication, internal and external
• Willingness to take on a variety of tasks from small admin tasks to large accounting projects
• Experience in the design industry or a strong interest in our work is not necessary but it is a bonus
• Basic I.T. knowledge is not necessary, but it is a bonus
• 2+ years of accounting in the workplace
How to Apply:
Send your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Accounting / Admin Assistant” in the subject line.
Asakura Robinson is a planning, urban design, and landscape architecture firm which strengthens environments and positively impacts communities through innovation, engagement, stewardship, and an integrated design process. Our employees are leaders in social and environmental design. As a firm, we strive to assist visionary clients to spur positive change. We focus on engaging communities in ever more diverse project contexts while maintaining a high level of creativity and collaboration in every endeavor.
Our studio is located in a growing urban neighborhood next to downtown, close to transit. As a small office that is joined together by our common beliefs and philosophy, we encourage our staff to be actively engaged with the community, serve on boards, committees, etc. With offices in Houston, Austin, New Orleans, and Minneapolis, we emphasize collaboration between studios and disciplines, with a focus on industry best practices and innovation.